Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Drug Store Super Shop

So some of the people I am going to Nigeria with have found themselves coming to me for answers to their questions...maybe I can be a little too organized and detailed, but I figure I can't be over prepared for this adventure, right?

I even got asked about my shopping list for the drug store...I told them I would sell them my list for $5...but since I'm feeling generous...


Other items I'm bringing that I already owned: Sunscreen, shampoo/conditioner, q-tips, mini sewing kit, set of dice, dental floss, nail clippers, journal, a few books, a giant box of protein bars, emergenC...uh I'm overwhelmed...

Also of course: Malarone (which is the NOT the malaria pill that was talked about in this recent episode of This American Life, scary!), Ciprofloxacin (for when Pepto and imodium just aren't doing the trick), Ultrathon with 35% DEET and Permethrin spray for my clothing....again overwhelmed...

The hardest part is going to be packing my clothes...I still kinda have no idea what to bring, though I did buy some linen pants...first time in my life wearing linen. As I have said, everything you know about me fashion wise is going out the door in Africa.

*There is a giant pile a freshly washed clothes staring at me from my bed...I have already moved this pile around from floor to chair to bed since yesterday...yuck...I guess must go fold clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment